Arcane Archers are warriors who combine their skill at archery with a magical talent. Any bow becomes frightfully accurate in their hands, whilst their arrows are enchanted to deliver spells from afar. Few can stand against the resulting chaos and bloodshed for long. Fighters, rangers, paladins, and barbarians become arcane archers to add a little magic to their combat abilities. Conversely, wizards and sorcerers may take this prestige class to add combat capabilities to their repertoire.
- Hit Die: d8.
- AB Progression: High.
- Primary Save: Fortitude and Reflex.
- Skill Points: 4 + Int Modifier.
- Class Skills: Concentration, Knowledge, Perception, Spellcraft, Stealth.
- Base Attack Bonus: +3.
- Feats: Weapon Focus in Longbow or Shortbow.
- Skills: Spellcraft 7.
- Spellcasting: Able to cast 2nd-level arcane spells.
Level 1 - Enchant Arrow I, Frost Arrow 2 - Imbue Arrow I 3 - Enchant Arrow II, Acid Arrow 4 - Imbue Arrow II 5 - Enchant Arrow III, Flame Arrow 6 - Imbue Arrow III
- Enchant Arrow - Each rank adds +1 to the enhancement bonus of the Arcane Archer's arrows.
- Imbue Arrow - The Arcane Archer can enchant arrows to deliver a previously memorized spell upon impact, similar to a Brew Potion feat. Each rank adds more spells to list of options:
- I - Acid splash, Animate Hinge, Daze, Electric jolt, Flare, Horizikaul's Boom, Light, Scare
- II - Balagarn's iron horn, Blindness/deafness, Combust, Gedlee's electric loop, Ghoul touch, Lesser dispel, Sound burst
- III - Dispel magic, Gust of wind, Hold person, Lightning bolt, Silence, Vampiric touch
- Frost Arrow - Once per day, the Arcane Archer can use a spell-like ability similar to Ice Dagger.
- Acid Arrow - Once per day, the Arcane Archer can use a spell-like ability similar to Melf's Acid Arrow.
- Flame Arrow - Once per day, the Arcane Archer can use a spell-like ability similar to Flame Arrow.