Most are fighters, rangers or paladins, but a few bards, priests, and rogues have been known to act as Sword Leader. Sorcerers and Wizards tend to join the Warwands instead, while barbarians are too undisciplined, and druids and monks too "different" to enter this career.
- Hit Die: d10.
- AB Progression: High.
- Primary Save: Fortitude and Will.
- Skill Points: 3 + Int Modifier.
- Class Skills: Diplomacy, Knowledge, Parry, Ride, Sense Motive.
- Alignment: Non-Evil and Non-Chaotic.
- Base Attack Bonus: +4.
- Feats: Great Shield Proficiency.
- Skills: Ride 8, Sense Motive 4.
Level 1 - Rallying Cry, Heroic Shield 2 - Inspire Courage I 3 - Instill Fear 4 - Inspire Courage II, Oath of Wrath 5 - Final Stand
- Rallying Cry - Three times per day, the Sword Leader can activate an effect which removes Fear and increases the speed of nearby allies by 20% for 3 rounds.
- Heroic Shield - Once per round, a single ally gains +4 AC for one round. This counts as the Sword Leader's Special Move if activated.
- Inspire Courage - 2x/day, the Sword Leader grants allies +1 AB and damage and +2 saves vs Mind Affecting Spells for 10 rounds. This increases to 4x/day and a +4 saving throw bonus at level 4.
- Instill Fear - Once/day for 5 turns, the Sword Leader can activate a Fear aura (DC = 10 + CHA + Class Level). Enemies who fail their saving throw are frightened for CHA + d4 rounds. Those who pass their will save become immune to the ability for the rest of the day.
- Oath of Wrath - Once/day, the Sword Leader can activate an effect which grants him a +2 bonus to attack, damage, saving throws and skills against a single opponent. This effect lasts for 2 rounds per class level.
- Final Stand - Once/day, the Sword Leader grants 2 + 2x CHA allies 4d10 temporary hitpoints, +3 AC, +2 to saving throws and a 25% movement speed penalty for 3 turns. The effect ends early for individual allies if they lose all bonus HP.