Wizards are viewed with suspicion by the people of Impiltur, for they break the common laws of possibiity and carry a potential for vast destruction. At the same time, magic is an integral part of life and a Wizard who proves helpful, reliable and conservative in their magic use is welcome indeed.
WARNING: To cast a spell, a wizard must have a Intelligence score of 10 + the spell's level. For example, to cast a 5th-level spell, a wizard must have a Intelligence of 15.
- Hit Die: d4.
- AB Progression: Low.
- Primary Save: Will.
- Skill Points: 2 + Int Modifier.
- Class Skills: Concentration, Heal (skill), Intimidate, Knowledge and Spellcraft.
- Proficiencies: Weapon Handling, Weapon Proficiency (Wizard).
- Spellcasting: Arcane (Intelligence-based, spell preparation is required, spell failure from armor is a factor).
Specialized Wizards have the following Opposed Schools:
- Abjuration vs Necromancy
- Conjuration vs Transmutation
- Divination vs Illusion
- Enchantment vs Evocation
Specialized Wizards gain +1 spell slot per level. They can only use this slot to memorize a spell from their chosen school.
- Familiar - The character can summon and possess a familiar.
Bonus feat list:
- Combat Casting
- Empower Spell
- Maximize Spell
- Quicken Spell
- Silent Spell
- Still Spell
- Spell Penetration
- Greater Spell Penetration
- Spell Focus
- Greater Spell Focus
- Arcane Defense
- Brew Potion
- Craft Wand
- Ritual Magic - Fires a beam at an enemy multiple times per day. Effects increase if others target the same enemy that round (requires INT 11, WIS 11, CHA 11, Concentration 5, Spellcraft 5).
- Spellsword - Removes the Arcane Spell Failure penalty from light armour.
- Spellshield - Removes or reduces the Arcane Spell Failure penalty from shields (requires Spellsword, Shield Proficiency and CON 13+).
- Battlemage - Reduces the Arcane Spell Failure penalty from medium armour (requires Spellsword, Medium Armour Proficiency, CON 13+ and base attack bonus 3+).
- Improved Combat Casting (8) - Casting spells provokes no attacks of opportunity (requires Combat Casting, 10 Concentration).
- Crow - increases Knowledge: Arcana
- Rat - increases Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering
- Bat - increases Knowledge: Dungeoneering
- Hawk - increases Knowledge: Geography
- Owl - increases Knowledge: History
- Toad - increases Knowledge: Local
- Weasel - increases Knowledge: Nature
- Cat - increases Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty
- Lizard - increases Knowledge: Planes
- Snake - increases Knowledge: Religion
- Spider - increases Intimidate
Familiars grant +3 to a skill while they are around, but deal 1d6 damage to the wizard when they die. This damage cannot reduce the wizard below 1 HP.
Wizards now have access to different spells.
Spell slot progression:
0 1 2 3 4 Level 1: 5 2 - - - Level 2: 5 3 - - - Level 3: 6 4 2 - - Level 4: 6 5 3 - - Level 5: 7 5 4 2 - Level 6: 7 7 5 3 - Level 7: 7 7 5 4 2 Level 8: 7 7 7 5 3